Well Site Supervisor Job Posting
East Coast Development
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Avara is a consultancy firm established in 2015, providing a range of engineering and supervisory services to the Canadian East Coast oil and gas industry. Our team members have been a part of the growing industry since 1984, with varied and extensive backgrounds in the oil and gas industry, including Drilling, Completions, Well Testing, Production, and Reservoir Engineering.
Avara is looking for a highly motivated well site supervisor (WSS) to join our team in St. John’s. The successful applicant will work on local operations here on the East Coast of Canada. The primary role will be the execution of completion and intervention operations. The candidate will report to the Senior Drilling Supervisor or his designate while offshore. In conjunction with the Senior Drilling Supervisor the WSS is accountable for the direction of all onsite completions related personnel for the purposes of implementing the various activities in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will include but is not limited to the following
- Provides offshore supervision of well completion and work-over programs including completion, stimulation, perforating and clean-out operations
- Provides offshore supervision of well intervention activities including planning and coordination of wire line logging, stimulation, clean-out, ROV and other well servicing operations.
- Provides active offshore management of service providers
- Lead offshore technical role for completion and subsea related activities
- Ensures well integrity is maintained at all times during any completion or intervention operation
- Ensure all operations are performed in compliance with Government Regulations, Client Policies and Industry Standards and Practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years oilfield experience
- Minimum of 5 years well site supervisor experience (semi-Submersibles)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain relationships with people from various disciplines
- The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in the following disciplines
- Completions Operations
- Subsea Xmas Tree Systems
- Subsea Test Trees/Landing String System
- Standard medical required for offshore assignment
- IWCF Intervention Well Control – WL, CT & SN, BST, WHIMS, H2S
- Applicants should have permanent resident status in Canada
Avara is committed to creating a company that embodies our core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity and Collaboration.
Deadline for submission for applications is June 26th, 2017. Applications should be sent to the following email address email@example.com
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for training and employment.